Monday, May 17, 2010

The Elephant Man

My group is tasked with presenting on David Lynch's The Elephant Man. In this case, its hard to pin down exactly what my contribution was, as a result of the nature of our process. We worked collaboratively in the planning the entire way through, discussing various theories, how these theories might be applied to or reflected in the film. If I were to hazard a particular contribution I brought to the table, it would be my own broad ranging background in theory of all sorts. I was able to bring in theory from sociological and psychological sources, as well as film theory drawn from art history as much as from literature. In this way, I contributed to the broadening of our own process and the final decision to open the discussion to our colleagues in what theories were reflected in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment